Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gearing Up

Now that all of the diseases of the world have exited my house, and our wonderful July 4th vacation is over, I am preparing to work on my 25-page critical paper by re-reading all of the books that I will use as my primary resources. However, unlike the beginning of the past two semesters, every time I look at my unassuming stack of Primary Resources beside my bed, my stomach sinks.


The reason for this is both clear and unclear to me.


First of all, I will say that the reasons that I should NOT be nervous are that:


1. As always, I have a great mentor this semester - Dan Wakefield - and he is one of the kindest, caring, wisest people I know.


2. I have the mental capability to handle this project, and, at the end of the day, I know that I will succeed in finishing it.


3. The past two semesters at Converse have completely prepared me for this project.


Still, I have a sinking feeling because I am not confident that I will ace this task. I feel like I may bomb it, in fact. As in I may turn in a "B" or, heaven forbid, a "C" quality paper. An over-achiever, I am.  A sore loser, I am.


The only real positive thing I have going for me is that I feel passionate about my topic. I named my blog about it! So, that should motivate me to continue writing and quiet down some of the negative thoughts that will surely come swooping through my brain as I try to make sense of my thoughts. To all who are facing a similar task, I send good feelings and happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will do very well. Stay positive!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete